Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My work

A little bit about the work I am doing here:

My general role is to be the Finance Director of AIESEC Australia. But, what to I actually do:
1. Financial management - and only the fun part of it! I also have an accountant and a book-keeper - so no more shity work :)...no accounting anymore, just financial management! And this is exactly the fun part and this is what a enjoy the most!
For the first week I have mainly worked on transition(getting the knowledge and necessary skills for my position). But I have also started the budgeting process and during this week I have to prepare the budget for our team.
2. Conference and agenda management- I am the main responsible of the agenda management of all the national conferences in AIESEC Australia. Again - the task that I really enjoy - creating the conferences!
Right now we are working on the July National conference, which is going to happen at the 3 first weeks in july: 1 week for pre-conference with different external events, 1 week for AIESEC conference and 1 week for post conference (which is generally chill out :)).
3. General leadership of AIESEC Australia - all together with the MC team we are the national directors of AIESEC Australia and our responsibility is to coach the country, to set the direction for the country and to develop and work with the strategy's that help the country to develop.
For the past two weeks we have been working with the strategies and goals for the upcoming year. I have been responsible for the expansion strategy.

4. LCD (In human language: Local committee development). 4 of the MC team members are also responsible for the regional coaching. AIESEC Australia is divided into 5 regions which each have 2-3 LC. I am responsible of coaching the New South Wales (NSW) region. I will have weekly coaching chats with the state manager and every quarter I will have the LC visits in my region.
On friday, together with the current NSW coach, I will have the first meeting with the state manager from my region.

I hope the posting wasnt to serious :)! I just wanted to give everyone the overview of what I actually do here. I promise that the next posting will more fun!

2 comments:

Jake said...

Ahh Kristina, you do make it sound so offical. Fortnightly coaching chats with the State Manager of NSW.

Hehe, you'll give my ego too much of a massage.

I'm looking forward to working with you, it'll be fun!!!

Jake

Mel said...

Hey hey~

I totally agree - you don't need to add to size of Jake's ego! =P

Hehehe - seriously though you are going to have a great time with NSW!!

*hugz*

Mel