Saturday, June 30, 2007

Melbourne

Today at 15.00 the planed took off from Sydney and at 16.30 we arrived in Melbourne.
Either the flight or the pilot was the worst I have ever seen. Now I totally understand why people dont like domestic flights. In what ever plane I dont like take offs and landings - but this plane today was shaking and turning and shaking and shaking during the take off and landing. But we arrived safely!

We had a quick tour with a van in Melbourne city and the city looks really nice. The people here on the streets look more stylish and hipi than in the Sydney - but maybe I just havent seen these kind of suburbs in Sydney yet.
Then we went to this really cool hipi place for a dinner - you can eat as much as you want and you can pay as much as you want! You just go in, and you have this cool hipi looking waitresses, that give you the menu. the menu dosent have any prizes and includes only vegetarian food. The meal was excellent - good looking, nicely served etc. after you have eaten they bring you receipt without prize and you just write there how much you want to pay and then pay it. How cool is that! I payed 5.20 $ - the only cash that I had :).

The conference is coming closer and closer and it is getting busier and busier. In 3 days time we will start our 5 day pre-conference and on next Monday - the real show begins! We will be standing in front of 250 pair of eyes for 6 days!! Its scary but exciting!

PS. for all the people who think that I am having the best time here and dont miss you at all - this is not like that at all. I do have really great time here, but I miss you a lot!
Writing about the cool stuff is just my trick to make more of you to come here!! :)

But write me, sms me, call me, draw me etc - keep me updated whats happening in the other part of world as well!
my address - 2/28 Chandon st, St Leonards, 2065, NSW, Australia
phone: +61 420599759
skype: kristina.toms


No comments: