Monday, June 4, 2007

First Weekend in Australia

I arrived in Australia 5 am on 1 st of June (22.00 on 31th of may in Estonian time). 3 of my team (MC) members were waiting me at the airport – Kate, Anne and Lucy. And I got my first kangaroo. We took at taxi to our apartment, in a way I got the first view to Sydney Harbor bridge and Opera theater. Then we arrived to our apartment and I met the rest of my team – Chloe and Daz and after one day also Eloise arrived from Melbourne. They are all really great. Really opened and free minded people who know how to have fun. From the first moment I have really felt myself welcome and comfortable.

On Friday morning we went to have a breakfast in the coffee and we visited our office – which is huge compared to the Estonian one ;). In the evening we went out to a really nice live – music place called the Basement. It was just great – it was like a mixture of Hell Hunt and Von Krahl in Estonia, so I really liked the place. Also the music was great – rock and jazz.

On Saturday evening we had a house party at Mc house. And after wards we went to the club – were some guy was playing popular songs with the piano and every one were singing along.

Saturday we went to Manley beach, which is one beach in Sydney. All though the weather is too cold already and we couldnt go swimming it was really nice.

During these two days already I have found that Australians are in some ways really similar with Estonians. If the party starts – no one dances , when people get drunk, then they start dancing and then they cant stop anymore. So the parting style is really similar with Estonians.

The craziest thing for now is still the traffic, since it is the right side. All the time I look at the wrong way while crossing the street and while waiting the buss. Every one is just driving in a wrong side.

5 comments:

Kadi said...

Hey Kristina!
So cool that you are finding the similarities of pple. :P And it's very nice to read that you are adjusting well and feeling good.

Keep up the spirit and enjoy your adventure!

Lots of hugs from Estonia,
Kadi

habib ewane said...

Seems like you are reallly enjoying yourself there:)

Nice idea to blog your experiences, keep it up:)

Habib

Anonymous said...

Lahe, et sul põnev seal on:)
Me saatsime vahepeal Herdise ära ja Deniss Rotterdamis.
Ostsin ka enda piletid ära, praeguste plaanide kohaselt lahkun Eestist 22 august:)

Edu sulle, kirjuta aga edasi.

dmwil6 said...

We love you Kristina!!!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.