Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Kite Runner



About a month ago I found a book on my friend`s bookshelf. She told me that she just got it, haven’t had time to read it, but supposedly it should be a very good book.
Then for weeks I tried to move on with the book and it didn’t go at all. I already told my friend that I will bring it back, I cannot read it. The way of writing makes me irritated- I give you a bit till it gets interesting and then I change to another side of the story – style.
And then one day the book took me into it and I couldn’t put it down until it was finished!
And I am thinking of what to say about the book now. I liked it. It is probably one of these books that sucks in your head for a long time. But its hard to find ways to describe it. I will try.
It is so well written that it makes you sick, in love and disgusted at the same time

It is an incredible to write a book, where a main character is actually not the main character. Where the deepest fares of every person is built in with a childish story together with world politics and economics.

And this book made me wonder – doesn’t every one of us have the bad and ugly in us? Although the story was to an extreme I felt connected with the character. There are things in your life where you know which way would be right way to act, but something inside of you makes you do things the wrong way. And the worst thing about it is that for the rest of your life you know that you did it wrong and you live in guilt. But maybe that is normal. And maybe then the main thing that differentiates the good from bad is that one has the feeling of guilt and the other doesn’t. Which means that the good just suffer more.

The other side of the book was about terrorist and Taliban. And yesterday I saw a movie “Paradise now”, which was also about suicide terrorists and what they feel like. And every time I see these things I wonder – do these people really justify everything with God´s will to them self so well, that they really don’t have any feeling of guilt? Or do they actually also know what would be the good way, but consciously decide to take the other and live in guilt for the rest of the life?

1 comment:

virge said...

I haven't read the book, but I saw the movie :)
For those who are not into reading the book, the movie is also very great and touching!